FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
anipassion.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

Tuesday, September 28, 2010  New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today Empty
MessageSujet: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today   Tuesday, September 28, 2010  New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today EmptyMer 29 Sep 2010, 10:58

New Hank Williams
16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday, September 28, 2010  New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today HW

Time Life has released the highly anticipated The Hank Williams Complete Mother Best
Recordings….Plus!- hitting shelves today.

The 16-disc collector’s box set contains 72 complete 15-minute shows, featuring 143 performances
by Hank Williams together with conversation, and much more. In the music and talk, Williams is
revealed like never before. It is the first three-dimensional portrait of an American music legend.

The recordings are from Williams’ Mother’s Best Flour shows, recorded at the pinnacle of his career in
1951. When Williams was planning to be out on tour, he prerecorded his Mother’s Best shows, and
72 of them miraculously survived. Thinking the shows would only reach a small, mostly rural audience
in mid-Tennessee, Hank was unguarded in both his conversation and choice of songs. Accordingly,
we hear him perform many songs he never performed elsewhere, including some from his childhood. .
The original acetate recordings were painstakingly restored after they were salvaged from a trash
can by a WSM employee and turned over to the Hank Williams estate. The sound quality of these
exceptional radio shows is at least comparable to his studio recordings, and many critics have
remarked that the “direct-to-disc” Mother’s Best recordings actually have more presence and clarity.

Hank Williams Complete Mother Best Recordings….Plus! is comprised of fifteen audio discs and a
bonus DVD. The shows contain so many priceless moments, including Williams’ first-ever
performances of “Cold, Cold Heart” and “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love with You)” just days after
they were written, as well as many songs he never recorded elsewhere such as “Blue Eyes Crying in
the Rain” and “On Top of Old Smoky.” On the DVD, two of Hank’s original band members reminisce
about his brief, incendiary career. Sadly, both of them died shortly afterward. . The project also
contains a booklet with an introduction by Hank Williams, Jr. and over one-hundred pages on the
history of Williams, written by respected music writer and Hank Williams historian, Colin Escott. This
deluxe, limited box set is packaged in an antique working radio where the listener presses the radio
dial and selections of Williams will play.

“When I heard about the Mother’s Best shows, I couldn’t believe there was more,” exclaims Hank
Williams, Jr. “And when I heard that these recordings increased the amount of daddy’s music by fifty
percent, man, talk about a grand slam. Hearing him sing songs like The Blind Child’s Prayer and On
Top Of Old Smoky, and you realize he was listening to country music, soaking it up, back in the
1930’s. But the most special songs to me are where daddy sings with mother on those old Gospel
songs like, Where The Soul Of Man Never Dies. There’s something special about those recordings.”

Posted by That Nashville Sound at 5:35 AM

Source : HERE

Tuesday, September 28, 2010  New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 New Hank Williams 16-Disc Collector's Box Set Arrives Today
Page 1 sur 1