FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away   R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away EmptyJeu 24 Nov 2011, 21:48

Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away

R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away Paul

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Posted by That Nashville Sound at 5:50 AM

Paul T. Yandell, was born in Mayfield, KY on September 6, 1935 passed away quietly at his home in
Hendersonville, TN with his family at his side after a long battle with cancer on November 21, 2011.

Paul was an accomplished player by the time he left high school in Western Kentucky, arriving in Nashville in
1955. Little did he know he would end up playing for the most renowned guitar player in the world. He joined
Chet Atkins in 1975 supporting Chet in his career that lasted for 25 years.

He started his career with The Louvin Brothers, which lasted until 1959, with Paul playing on many of their
greatest hits. After serving in the army, Paul joined the Kitty Wells & Johnny Wright show where he stayed
from 1961-1969 after which he worked for about a year with George Hamilton, IV. He then joined Jerry Reed
in 1970 and as Paul says he “went to college” learning from Jerry Reed. Paul stayed with Jerry until sometime
during 1975.

Making his place in Nashville's musical community as a session player, Paul played on many hit records with
artists such as Chet, Jerry Reed, Dolly Parton, Steve Wariner, Hank Thompson, Perry Como, Roger Whitaker,
Kitty Wells, Johnny Wright, The Louvin Bros., Les Paul, Woody Herman, The Everly Bros. and Mary Chapin
Carpenter. He appeared on TV shows such as The Dinah Shore Show, The Tonight Show, The Today Show,
The Pat Sajak Show, The Merv Griffin Show and Nashville Now.

After Chet died in 2001, Paul released a solo CD entitled Forever Chet featuring many songs performed by
Chet throughout his career.

Other CDs released by Paul included One More Again released in 2003; Dream Train, released May of 2004
which featured many original tunes written by Paul and performed on the New Gretsch “Nashville Classic”
that was co-designed by Paul and Fred Gretsch. The artwork for the cover of Dream Train was drawn by
Steve Wariner, who is also featured on lap steel on one of the tunes. Following that was In The Groove
released in 2005 and Drive On released in 2006. He was also instrumental in assisting with the reissue of
Chet’s Gretsch CGP guitar.

Merle Atkins Russell and Family presented Paul with the C.G.P. (Certified Guitar Player) designation on August 11, 2011.

A Celebration of Life service will be held at Hendersonville Memory Gardens Funeral Home, 353 East Main St.,
Hendersonville, TN 37075 on Friday, November 25, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Visitation with family will precede the
service from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Steve Wariner, Eddie Stubbs & Fred Gretsch will deliver eulogies and Rev. Raymond Langlois will deliver the message.

Credited by : HERE
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away Empty
MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away   R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away EmptyDim 08 Jan 2012, 14:29

pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas ce guitariste

v0us pouvez le retrouver en photo dans le livre

A SCRAPBOOK OF MY DADDYMERLES TRAVIS BY PAT TRAVIS EATHERLY (fille de MERLE TRAVIS)
BELLE PHOTO DE PAUL YANDELLE (page 96) sur scene avec CHETLORS D'UN CONCERT DE the chet atkins appreciation society
et une autre il il joue avec la guitare construite en hommage a MERLE TRAVIS

POUR LES POINTILLEUX

il existe un cd GOIN' HOME (RAREFIED RECORDS)

PHOTO paul en compagnie de tom bresh (fils de merle) tommy flint eddie pennington cannon ball rag magazine
dans le dernier numero de ce magazine de mai 199 on y trouve aussi une photo de paul en sudio

joe
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

R.I.P. : Master Guitarist Paul Yandell Passes Away
Page 1 sur 1