FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Manga Chainsaw Man : où acheter le Tome 17 ...
Voir le deal
19.99 €

R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away  Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away    R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away  EmptySam 10 Mar 2012, 19:23

Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away

R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away  CL
Webb Pierce and Charlie Lamb

Thursday, March 8, 2012
Posted by That Nashville Sound at 5:40 AM

Sarah Skates penned this obit for "The Mayor of Music Row", Charlie Lamb, for Music Row:

Nashville music industry stalwart Charlie Lamb died early this morning. He was 90 and had been
battling pneumonia. Lamb was a celebrated journalist who also worked as a manager and later as an
entertainer.

Born June 21, 1921, his colorful career path began in hometown Knoxville, Tennessee, where he
worked as a carnival barker, as well as at the Knoxville Journal and radio stations WKGN and WROL.

In 1951 Lamb moved to Nashville to write for Cash Box magazine. He went on to found his own local
trade publication, Music Reporter, which shuttered in 1964. A year later, the liner notes he penned for
Father & Son—Hank Williams Sr. & Jr. earned a Grammy nomination. Today his writing is celebrated with
a journalism award named in his honor, which is presented annually at the International Country Music
Conference.

“When somebody like Charlie Lamb passes, it’s like a library burning down,” said longtime friend and
fellow historian Robert Oermann. “He was a wonderful source of historical anecdotes and one of the
most charming conversationalists I’ve ever met. Charlie was also one of the last of the great Music Row
‘characters’—they don’t make execs nearly as colorful nowadays. He was also a million laughs, and I’m
going to miss our lunches together a whole lot.”

According to the Encyclopedia of Country Music, his varied journey included management of Ed Bruce
and Connie Smith, and promoting the music of Kitty Wells and Elvis Presley. He also appeared on
television shows including Candid Camera, and in films including Ernest Goes To Jail.

Lamb was an active supporter of Nashville’s music trade organizations. He was a member of the
original boards of the Gospel Music Association, and the Country Music Association, and was a lifetime
member of the latter. He also served as the first president of the Nashville chapter of NARAS.

Posted by : HERE

R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away  Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

R.I.P. : Country Music Veteran Charlie Lamb Passes Away
Page 1 sur 1