FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Bob Kelly in December, 1957

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Bob Kelly in December, 1957 Empty
MessageSujet: Bob Kelly in December, 1957   Bob Kelly in December, 1957 EmptyVen 18 Jan 2008, 01:06

Bob Kelly in December, 1957 57KellyPix08fpCp

Bob wrote "Git It" and "Somebody Help Me" for Gene

Gene's Dallas Contract

Rockabilly Hall of Famer *BOB "Git It" KELLY recently found a copy of the original contract that Ed McLemore (of the Big D Sportatorium) gave to Gene Vincent for him to sign.

Bob told the RHOF, "Ed McLemore and Ed Watts had offered me a contract back in 1957 - but I didn't sign it because it was too long in time and they were taking too much money with no guarantees.
My contract was supposed to be for 1 year with 7 one year options at their option and not mine. They were to take 10% booking fee, and 15% management fee of everything - no matter whether they got me the job or not and I had no guarantees of anything. So, I turned it down. I remember that they gave me a contract to read and study but I thought it was for Me to sign (wrong)!

Come to find out, (only after I read it, NOW, did I find out that it was the original copy of the Gene Vincent contract that they got him to sign). This was in a box of stuff that my Mother had saved and I hadn't really seen most of the memorabilia until I got to digging in the old box. I signed over the publishing rights to 'Git It,' but I didn't sign the Management and Booking Deal."

[Ed. Note:] The word rock-a-billy appears on page 1 of the contact. This again shows that the word "rockabilly" was used, even in legal documents, back in the late '50s.

Bob Kelly in December, 1957 Genesc10...Bob Kelly in December, 1957 Genesc11
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1