FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! Empty
MessageSujet: Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !   Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! EmptyMer 30 Jan 2008, 23:56

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died

Remember Rock Legends Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens,
and The Big Bopper on February 3

Posted January 29th, 2008

Not only this coming Sunday, February 3, is the Superbowl but also the 49th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of three rock stars: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper (J.P. Richardson). The tragedy was dubbed "The Day The Music Died" by the media at the time. It was the very first rock tragedy.

Buddy Holly was famous for many songs like "Peggy Sue," "That'll Be The Day," "True Love Ways," and "Words of Love." Ritchie Valens songs were "Donna," "La Bamba," and "Come On Let's Go." J.P. Richardson's biggest hit was "Chantilly Lace."

The three were on a winter carnival tour in the Mid-West. Their tour bus broke down in Clear Lake, Iowa, and they needed transportation to Fargo, North Dakota, for the next stop on the tour. Buddy Holly chartered a small plane to take his new back-up band there, but one of his band members was in the hospital for frostbite. The Big Bopper asked another member of Holly's band, Waylon Jennings (the future country music legend), for his seat because he was recovering from the flu and Jennings gave up his seat for that reason. Another band member tossed a coin with Ritchie Valens for his seat on the plane. Valens won the toss.

The plane took off into the nighttime sky with light snow and gusty winds at 12:55 a.m. on February 3, 1959. It was only airborne for a few minutes before it crashed into a cornfield. All three were killed along with the pilot on impact.

I'm hoping that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers do a tribute to the rock legends during the half-time. I plan to tune in for see one of my favorite bands perform.
Sorry I'm not a football fan.

In that Iowa cornfield, a memorial is located at the crash-site in memory of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper.

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! 5578044ff199966e369f16ccc41a2a40b651c3
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !   Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! EmptyJeu 31 Jan 2008, 14:57

Citation :
HELLO ALL BIG BOPPER FANS WORLDWIDE
Mail...
Texte : I received an emai yesterday from JP Richardson's Granddaughter....
Was I excited or what?

JPJr. is her father...

....and on top of that she digs the site!

What a compliment to say the least..

So hopefully in the future I might have some real rare photo's or even recordings
that they would like to share with the My Space Community.

Here is the URL to the upcoming movie on the life of JP Richardson.

http://www.bigboppermovie.com/

Regards,
The Spirit of The Big Bopper
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !   Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! EmptyJeu 31 Jan 2008, 19:47

super la video,beaucoup de documents rares.c'est bien Jackie Wilson que l'on voient avec Ritchie Valens?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !   Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! EmptyJeu 31 Jan 2008, 22:21

bebopcapitol a écrit:
super la video,beaucoup de documents rares.c'est bien Jackie Wilson que l'on voient avec Ritchie Valens?

Si tu fais allusion à cette photo... oui c'est bien Jackie Wilson avec Ritchie Valens !!!

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! 1201820936_ri_jakpearly
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !   Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died ! Empty

Sunday is the 49th Anniversary of The Day The Music Died !
Page 1 sur 1