FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

ATTENTION HANK/COUNTRY MUSIC FANS !

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

ATTENTION HANK/COUNTRY MUSIC FANS ! Empty
MessageSujet: ATTENTION HANK/COUNTRY MUSIC FANS !   ATTENTION HANK/COUNTRY MUSIC FANS ! EmptyDim 03 Fév 2008, 21:49

2ND ANNUAL HANK & AUDREY VALENTINE POETRY CONTEST

----- Original Message -----
To: Robert Ackerman
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:30 PM
It's time for our 2nd annual Hank & Audrey Williams Valentine Poetry Contest!
Everyone has poetry inside of them.
When Hank Williams died in the wee hours of January 1, 1953, his fans poured out their hearts into sympathy cards, letters, & poetry sent to his family, published in book form as Dear Mama Williams (Sympathy Cards & Letters to the Hank Williams Family).
On Valentine's Day I always think about Hank & Audrey Williams... how much they loved & how much they lost.
So...
In honor of what should have been Hank & Audrey's 65th Valentine's Day together, we are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Hank & Audrey Williams Valentine Poetry Contest
Contest Rules & Prizes:
1. Write a poem about Hank &/or Audrey Williams (happy, funny, sad - whatever moves you...)
2. Send it in an email to info@audreysdream.org
3. The winner will receive a special, hardcover edition of Dear Mama Williams, with a personal note from Lycrecia ($200 value) plus additional, surprise gifts.
4. Five (5) winners will receive autographed copies of the paperback version of Dear Mama Williams.
5. Selected submissions will be posted on our blog & if we get enough poetry to fill a small book, Audrey's Dream Inc.
will publish one & dedicate it to Hank & Audrey from their friends & fans. Proceeds will go to Audrey's Dream Inc. & The (future) Hank & Audrey Williams Center of Nashville.
6. Judges: author/poet Dale Vinicur & Lycrecia Williams Hoover, daughter of Hank & Audrey.

DEADLINE for entries: February 28, 2008 (which would have been Audrey's 85th birthday).

For more information about Audrey's Dream Inc. & the Hank & Audrey Williams Center (a support & informational center for addiction & recovery)
visit our websites:

http://www.audreysdream.org
http://blog.audreysdream.org
http://www.hankandaudreyscorral.com
http://myspace.com/hankandaudreyscorral

A CD WITH HANK COVERS BY "Kazuhiro Inaba" - A Hank fan (Ronald Reagen) advised me of the issue of this CD by this Japanese artist. Samples of his music can be heard on www.amazon.com and MP-3s and the CD can be purchased there... but I found an extra good deal on a site brand new to me - It is www.SecondSpin.com (I ordered a used CD for $4.07 with $2,75 S&H - and they had another copy available at the time I ordered). The CD is titled "Teardrop on a Rose" - and six of the ten tracks are Hank covers - a web site also given was http://www.rambles.net/inaba_tear03.html (THANKS RONNY).

MORE INFO/UPDATE ON UPCOMING SHOW -
To: Robert Ackerman
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:48 PM
Subject: Hank Tribute Show Feb 9, 2008 Hollonville Opry
Updated song list. Yellow highlight represent changes.

HANK TRIBUTE SHOW
FEBRUARY 9TH, 2008, 9 pm

1. Hey Good Lookin’ john C

2. Mansion on the Hill Frank A

3. Take these Chains Frank D

4. Cold, Cold, Heart John C

5. Steel Guitar Rag (Inst) D. Pardoe E

6. Calling You F/J E

7. Sally Gooden’ Jerry (A)

8. I Can’t Help It Frank D

9. Roadside Rag D. Pardoe E

10. Your Cheatin’ Heart Frank C

11. Old Joe Clark Jerry (A)

12. Someday You’ll Call My Name Frank E

SPECIAL GUEST

LITTLE RICKY FITZGERALD

13. Jambalya Ricky C

14. Lone Gone Lonesome

Blues Ricky D

15. You Win Again Ricky D

16. I Saw the Light (close) John &All

AN UPDATE FROM THE IFCO -
To: 4info / IFCO office
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: IFCO _ eNEWS UPDATE _ January 29, 2008
IFCO eNews Update
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Hello Everybody!
In our continuing efforts to best serve the ever-changing face of the music business - artists, songwriters and entertainment consumer (Fans!) - IFCO is constantly seeking options and activities available to help us fulfill our mission. This is a note to tell you about one of our recent "discoveries", Digitalrodeo.com, which launched in March 2007.
DigitalRodeo.com Statement: "Digitalrodeo.com is an online country music social community dedicated to promoting country music recording artists and the fans who support these artists. The artists represented cover the spectrum of country music and come from all walks of life with a common thread of interest in making country music. The fans within digitalrodeo.com have the capability of interacting first hand with the artist. Additionally platforms are created daily to enhance the digitalrodeo.com experience. The
experiences include soon to be launched DRTV, interactive games, contests and exclusive music released to digitalrodeo.com. Additionally digitalrodeo.com is working with IFCO (International Fan Club Organization) by offering exclusive opportunities to fan club members who subscribe to digitalrodeo.com. This will include the use of Cadillac Ranches nationwide for dining and events hosted by fan clubs. For more information on DigitalRodeo.com, visit www.digitalrodeo.com.
Look for next IFCO eNEWS Update coming your way shortly!
News is regularly-updated on Headlines, News and Forums sections on our website. http://www.ifco.org/ Have a great week! Loudilla, Loretta & Kay

Robert Ackerman
Palmer, Alaska
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

ATTENTION HANK/COUNTRY MUSIC FANS !
Page 1 sur 1