FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

Warren Smith

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Warren Smith Empty
MessageSujet: Warren Smith   Warren Smith EmptyVen 08 Fév 2008, 07:34

Warren Smith

[center]Warren Smith Brest%20RnR%20Book%20n2%20(Dec%2080)

Warren Smith WarrenSep
Today, Warren Smith should have been hit 75 years old. Unfortunately, after he rocked over England, France and Memphis, he left that old earth on January 30, 1980. I had meet that legendary rocker for few minutes in Paris in November 1979 and i still treasure those memories. I was bring in records shop to meet Warren by my long time friend Charlie Barbat and i was carrying under my arms my "Miss Froggie" 78 rpm's. Warren just got "Peppin' Eyes" just like old Charlie Feathers. That those little part of life who made my rockin' life a happy one.
Warren Smith W.%20Smith%20(Sun%20625)
I could write for long about Warren but i wish to share, on that special day, a press clip written on August 11, 1956 on the legendary Big D Jamboree (Dallas) weekly program. That paper came like that :
HILLBILLY HIGHLIGHTS ....
Warren Smith is now a regular member of the Big D Jamboree. This announcement was made from the stage last week while Warren was performing in his usual crowd-pleasing nanner. The announcement pleased the crowd. So look for young Warren for frequent Big D appearances.
Sonny James, one of the more famous Jamboree stars, returns next week. The stage will be loaded with many of your favorites. Beside Sonny, Hank, Charline, The Belew and all the rest. The Five Strings will be on hand and Roy Orbison and his Teen Kings, the "Ooby Dooby" singers also perform as guests. It will be a big, big, big show. But regular prices will prevail.
Sonny's "Twenty feet of Muddy Water", on Capitol, is a nickel-grabber in the juke boxes. Sonny stays gone too long. But he'll be back for the big one next Saturday. The Strings and the Teen Kings represent a total of ten guest stars on the show. And every regular execpt, Carl Perkins and Warren Smith will be here. So you be here too for this special one.
Warren Smith W.%20Smith%2078%20rpm
That's a small tribute but one who came from the bottom of my heart.
Imperial.
Warren Smith Miss%20Froggie%20(Oct%2057)

Warren Smith W.%20Smith%20in%20Paris%20(photo%20J.L%20Rancurel)

Warren Smith W.%20Smith%20letter%20(1977)

link to the site

http://www.bartemon.net/news/index.php?val=1008_warren+smith
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Warren Smith
Page 1 sur 1