FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

AL HENDRIX

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 16:57

AL HENDRIX AlHendrixHDR

AL HENDRIX ANrareNrockinCDcov
AL'S LATEST CD
CD Baby has Al's CD
E-mail Al

AL HENDRIX AlHendrixBIGpix Al Hendrix was born Clyde Allen Hendrix on November 12, 1934 in Miami, Florida. Later that year his family relocated to California and settled in Lynwood where they stayed until 1945. They then moved back to Tampa, Florida for two years before settling in Odessa, Texas.

Al's father, Joseph Allen, was a professional butcher. His mother, Lena Jean Jenkins, was a housewife who was also a guitar picker and singer with her two sisters. Al listened every Saturday Night to the Grand Ole Opry, and was inspired by the music of Hank Williams Sr. As a teenager, he began playing rhythm guitar to accompany his singing, and his startling expressive voice won him first and second place in local talent shows. In March 1953, Al enlisted in the army. He served for three years, including an 18-month tour of duty in Korea. He was honorably discharged from the service, having attained the rank of corporal in the military police.

When Al left the army, he came out to a significantly changed world of music. Rock & Roll was the latest craze, and Elvis Presley became Al's new favorite. Al's own vocal performances sounded a lot like Elvis naturally. Al settled in Bakersfield, California, and it was here, at the Blackboard Cafe, that Al met Buck Owens. Al and Buck made music together, often with Bill Woods and The Orange Blossom Playboys. Around this time, Al made his television debut on the Los Angeles based show "Rocket To Stardom."

In 1957, Joe Keplinger (aka Jolly Jody) hired Al to be the lead singer for his group, Jolly Jody and The Go Daddies, and they packed in 3500 at the county fairgrounds in Bakersfield. With the Go Daddies, Al recorded the "Rhonda Lee" and "Go Daddy Rock"for the Tally label. The two sides were picked up by ABC Paramount in February 1959. During this time he also appeared on Cousin Herb Henson's TV show, called the Trading Post Gang", in Bakersfield. The show was mainly for country acts; Buck Owens was a regular.

Al later signed with LaGree Records in Hollywood. The initial recordings were "I Need You" and "Young and Wild", cut at Gold Star Studios and issued in 1960. Liberty Records leased them for nationwide release. "I Need You" was a number one hit in El Paso, Texas for 6 weeks. Alan Freed was playing the flipside "Young and Wild" every hour on his radio show in Los Angeles. "I Need You" also made the top 20 in San Diego. Al appeared on the Wink Martindale television show at Pacific Ocean Beach and at Art Laboe's show at Pasadena Civic Auditorium.

Hendrix then signed with Pike Records in Bakersfield and cut four more sides at Gold Star. Of these, "Monkey Bite" and "For Sentimental Reasons" were released in 1962. "Monkey Bite" got great reviews but limited distribution because the lyrics were too sexually descriptive. The Pike session produced two more tracks, "Jumpin' Johnny" and "Fooling Around" which remained unissued until 1985 when White label in Holland released them.

AL HENDRIX AH2songcdcoverpix During these years. Al played all over the Los Angeles area at county fairs, shopping centers, dubs, and military bases in Southern California. He also appeared on the Bakersfield television shows hosted by Jimmy Thomason. One of his bands was Al and The Country Mixers, which performed on radio, TV, and at entertainment centers in the area.

The sudden death of his publisher and hospitalization of his manager interrupted plans for bigger shows. But in 1971, Al released two more songs on LaGree, "Georgia Kate" and 'Will You Get a Whiff of My After Shave lotion" (also called "Mixing Fun" and "Shaving lotion".)

Music fans didn't hear much from Al Hendrix for a few years, but in 2006 he got together with producer and engineer Jimmi Accardi to make a CD of old and new material. Al went back into the studio with great enthusiasm and the same vibrant singing voice. New releases indude "Good Girl I Ain't Got", "When I'm loving You", "Rainbow's End", "Diabetic Man", "The OJ", "I Can Tell", "Cock Fighter", and "The Answer To It All". Al is also working on another CD of new songs which will include some country gospel.

AI Hendrix comments: "I was raised on hamburgers and the Grand Ole Opry. I always liked country music. My mother was from Georgia and my father from Florida, and I grew up on it. ... It makes you happy when you entertain people. I love show business; I really dig it. It's great when you feel you're doing something for people."

AL HENDRIX AlHendrixAmerMusMag

AL HENDRIX AHamermusispage

AL HENDRIX ALHendrixBusCard
SOURCE
http://www.rockabillyhall.com/AlHendrix.html
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 16:59

AL HENDRIX Hendrix_al

Chanteur Rock 'n' Roll US né en 1934 à Miami (Floride). Al Hendrix fit parti du groupe de Buck Owens.
Talents : Singer, Guitar

Style musical : Rock 'n' Roll

GO DADDY, ROCK AL HENDRIX Speaker
YOUNG AND WILD AL HENDRIX Speaker
AL HENDRIX Radio

DISCOGRAPHIE

Singles

01/1958SP TALLY 119 (US)Al HENDRIX with Jolly JODY & His GO DADDIES - Rhonda Lee AL HENDRIX Speaker / Go Daddy, Rock AL HENDRIX Speaker [instr.]
02/1958SP ABC-PARAMOUNT 45-9901 (US)Al HENDRIX with Jolly JODY & His GO DADDIES - Rhonda Lee AL HENDRIX Speaker / Go Daddy, Rock AL HENDRIX Speaker [instr.]
08/1960SP LAGREE 701 (US)Young And Wild AL HENDRIX Speaker / I Need You AL HENDRIX Speaker
04/1962SP PIKE 5912 (US)Monkey Bite AL HENDRIX Speaker / For Sentimental Reasons

SOURCE
http://www.rocky-52.net/chanteursh/hendrix_al.htm
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 17:01

Original Releases

Discography is intended to be complete through 1964
Date & Source Label & Number V Titles {& References to LP/CD List} As By Matrix Numbers
1958/Jan. 20
Bb pop rev.
Tally 119 AL HENDRIX V2 AL HENDRIX R1 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Rhonda Lee {d,i,k}
AL HENDRIX R0 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Go Daddy, Rock [instr.] {d,e,i}
A
B
1958/Feb.
(Bb est.)
ABC-Paramount 45-9901 AL HENDRIX V2 AL HENDRIX R1 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Rhonda Lee {a,b}
AL HENDRIX R0 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Go Daddy, Rock [instr.] {b}
AMP 45-3205
AMP 45-3204
1960/Aug. 15
Bb pop rev.
La Gree 701 AL HENDRIX V2 AL HENDRIX R2 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Young And Wild {c,d,f,h,i}
AL HENDRIX R2 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss I Need You {i}
1962/Apr. 21
Bb pop rev.
Pike 5912 AL HENDRIX V2 AL HENDRIX R2 AL HENDRIX Pic AL HENDRIX Ss Monkey Bite {i,j,k}
AL HENDRIX R1 AL HENDRIX Pic For Sentimental Reasons
RF-134
RF-133
Additional Tracks on Comps

Tally unissued AL HENDRIX R0 AL HENDRIX Ss Go Daddy, Rock [alt. vers.] [instr.] {k}
ABC-Paramount unissued AL HENDRIX Rx Hot Dog

Pike unissued AL HENDRIX R0 AL HENDRIX Ss Foolin' Around [instr.] {k}

[unissued] AL HENDRIX R2 AL HENDRIX Ss Jumping Johnny {g,i,k}
References in "As By" Column:

1. as by Al Hendrix
  2. as by Al Hendrix With Jolly Jody And His Go Daddies

Other Notes:

• ABC-Paramount 9901 is aurally identical to Tally 119.
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 17:04

AL HENDRIX 2010

AL HENDRIX 6818

AL HENDRIX 2011

AL HENDRIX 6819

AL HENDRIX 2012

AL HENDRIX 6820

AL HENDRIX 14167

AL HENDRIX 15876
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 17:05

Collector-Oriented Compilation LPs and CDs Containing Tracks

ABC (England) 5247 (lp) Cotton Pickin' Rock
Bear Family BCD 15972 (cd) That'll Flat Git It, Vol. 13
Buffalo Bop Bb-CD 55017 (cd) Young And Wild
Collector CL 1023 (lp) Gonna Rock And Roll Tonight
Collector CLCD 4418 (cd) Wild Rock 'N' Roll Instrumentals
EVA 642041 (cd) Teenage Repression
Jim Jam WLJJ 1010 (lp) Rebel Rockabilly Rock, Vol. 10
Lucky CDLR 803 (cd) Rockabilly Gold, Vol. 3
Rush Publishing 37101 36883 (cd) Rare & Rockin! / Al Hendrix
Teen Beat TB-CD 151 (cd) Play It Cool
White Label 8888 (lp)
The Pike Recordings
SOURCE
http://rcs.law.emory.edu/rcs/artists/h/hend6000.htm
Invité
Invité

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyVen 25 Avr 2008, 17:08

AL HENDRIX Alhendrix

tracks

1 Monkey Bite

2 Adrianne

3 Good Girl I Ain't Got

4 Train of Love

5 When I'm Loving You

6 Rhonda Lee

7 Rainbow's End

8 Jumpin' Johnny

9 The DJ (The Greatest Entertainer)

10 Diabetic Man

11 Hot Dog

12 I Can Tell

13 Shaving Lotion

14 Cock Fighter

15 My Country Bella

16 Georgia Kate

17 Go Daddy Rock

18 The Answer To It All

19 I Need You

20 Young and Wild
SOURCE

http://cdbaby.com/cd/alhendrix
Elviresheeley
Administrateur
Administrateur
Elviresheeley

Féminin
Date de naissance : 29/03/1968
emploi : Rockabilly Wife to Supprime-man
Loisirs : Eddie, Gene and my Husband!

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX EmptyLun 28 Avr 2008, 17:07

GREAT !!!! 780242 Slapbop! Toujours un plaisir que de lire tes recherches!!!
good job!!!
:bisou:

AL HENDRIX Elvire10

www.myspace.com/elviresheeley
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Contenu sponsorisé

AL HENDRIX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AL HENDRIX   AL HENDRIX Empty

AL HENDRIX
Page 1 sur 1