FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Elden Ring Shadow Of The Erdtree édition ...
Voir le deal

Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah

2 participants
AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Empty
MessageSujet: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah   Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah EmptyMer 16 Juil 2008, 16:52

Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah 440955242bcd16131
Track List:

1. Love My Baby 2. Rock-a-billy Gal 3. Fairlane Rock 4. One Broken Heart 5. Blues Blues Blues 6. Oh Mama (mama Mama Mama) 7. You Are My Sunshine 8. Don't You Worry 9. Congratulations To You, Joe 10. Call Me Shorty 11. I'll Hold You In My Heart 12. Goin' Steady 13. Kansas City 14. Frankie And Johnny 15. Brown Eyed Handsome Man 16. The Key To My Kingdom 17. Your True Love 18. Kansas City 19. I Guess I'd Better Be Moving Along 20. This Old Windy City 21. Lonely For My Baby 22. I Wanna Get Home 23. Train From Chicago (16:88) 24. Act Like You Love Me 25. I Feel The Blues Coming On 26. Love My Baby 27. One Broken Heart 28. Dream Love 29. Tom Thumb 30. Whatcha Gonna Do 31. Summers Almost Over 32. Queen Bee 33. Pardon Me 34. Love My Baby 35. Rock-a-billy Gal

You can buy this album here »

Hayden Thompson
Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah
Bear Family Records (2008)
Stars rating given by author: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah StarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah StarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah StarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah StarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Star Users total vote count: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah NostarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah NostarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah NostarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah NostarHayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Nostar

Possible Styles: rockabilly / country
Submitted by: raveonreviews.
Publication date - 18-06-08
Copyrights: Johnny Vallis

Featuring blues-drenched rockabilly and honky-tonk heartache, this exciting 35-song collection spotlights the first 10 years of Hayden Thompson’s career. Collectors will be delighted to learn that Thompson’s only single for the Von label in 1954 “Act Like You Love Me” and “I Feel The Blues Coming On” is also included along with sides recorded for Phillips International / Sun Records, Beat, Profile, and Arlen. Of special interest, the Profile single debuted two songs Thompson penned himself, the Del Shannon styled “What’cha Gonna Do,” and “Summers Almost Over.” A pretty fair songwriter in his own right, Thompson crafted such fine country ditties as “Pardon Me,” “Don’t You Worry,” and the stellar “Train From Chicago (16:88).”
However, it is Thompson’s work for Sun that still garners the most interest and this comprehensive collection includes eight unissued versions of such cult favorites as “Fairlane Rock,” “One Broken Heart,” “Oh Mama (Mama Mama Mama),” “Blues Blues Blues,” two versions of the title track “Rockabilly Gal” and his immortal remake of Junior Parker’s “Love My Baby.” Amongst the musicians that played on these legendary Sun sides are Roland Janes, Marvin Pepper, J.M. Van Eaton, Jack Clement and Jerry Lee Lewis. Both masters and alternate takes alike still cook with blusey ferocity and rockabilly drive galore.
The package is rounded out by excellent notes by noted Sun historian Martin Hawkins and nicely illustrated with photos from the era. Still very active, Thompson is highly acclaimed on the rockabilly revival scene and still producing top notch music. This remarkable compilation provides the best introduction to his work as a country singer and is a real treat for fans who want to hear how it all started.

Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah   Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah EmptyMer 16 Juil 2008, 18:11

Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Sans_t30
lockus
Adepte
Adepte
lockus

Masculin
Date de naissance : 15/02/1965
emploi : cuisinier
Loisirs : a votre avis

MessageSujet: Re: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah   Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah EmptyMer 16 Juil 2008, 21:02

salut un bon petit gars le hayden l ai vu a la riot l annee derniere vraiment geniale !!!!!!

normal chez un gars de chez sun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockin lockus
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah   Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah EmptyMer 16 Juil 2008, 21:18

dans l'écurie sun il n'y avait pas que des bouris!!!!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah   Hayden Thompson - Rockabilly Gal: The Sun Years Plus - Bcd 16131 Ah Empty

Page 1 sur 1