FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 couverts – L60cm
279.99 € 390.99 €
Voir le deal

Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop Empty
MessageSujet: Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop   Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop EmptySam 02 Aoû 2008, 11:02

Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop 1750828459dbcover
Track List:

Ain't It A Shame / Lets Rock 'n' Roll / My Girl Can't Quit Pickin' / Tender Little Lucy / Fine Bottle Blues / No Loving Queen / Breakup Bop / Honey Bee / Highschool Confidential / The Screaming Lobster / Shake It / Give Me Back My Wig / Road Runner.
You can buy this album here »

Domestic Bumblebees
Break Up Bop
Enviken Records (2007)

Possible Styles: rock'n'roll, rhythm'n blues, boogie-woogie, rockabilly
Submitted by: kitti.
Publication date - 20-07-08
Copyrights: Really Rockabilly

The Domestic Bumblebees… It was only some months ago that I first heard this name – interesting, unusual, easy to remember, impossible to forget… finally it has nothing to do with cats, rockers, hot rods, rockin’, boppin’ and different kind of billies. Well, as soon as I saw they must play in De Kroeg (Holland) I got the idea to jump into the car and find out what kind of cold Scandinavian bumblebees they could be. To be honest I was “smashed”. From the first sign you will see just three timid (and handsome) guys picking up their instruments, getting ready to play and a minute later, great rock’n’rollers blowing up the whole crowd. It’s really magic! Without any doubt, when the set was over, I came to the guys to buy both their CDs. And after that I didn’t have any regrets about those two new items in my musical collection.

Alright, let’s pick up one of this nice “things” – yellowish digipack with quite simple design and cute poster-booklet in it (which, by the way, has an illustrative lesson of dancing “Break Up Bop”). Nice to touch and pleasant to look at. Now it is time to turn it on. Hold tight, ‘cause this CD has so much energy (already from the very start with a Ain't A Shame - an American folk song, which was known in a performance by Nirvana somewhere in the late 80s - and then becoming only bigger and more exciting), it will blow you away from the chair. On the first song as well on some others, you will hear piano lines of Boppin’ Steve, adding to this band some boogie-woogie touches. The second composition Let’s Rock’n’roll sounds slower but has a perfect rhythm which shows that it IS without any doubts real rock’n’roll! As usual, I am too lazy to discuss every song, but want to attract your attention to some of them which I liked the best. One of them is Fine Bottle Blues about musicians’ favourite theme called drinking. It falls out of the track list with it’s characteristic rhythm’n’blues sound, showing us the strong connection of this style with rock’n’roll. Simple, but very powerful performance! Breakup Bop is also worth mentioning. If you hear it you will understand why the album is called so (well if you are still not that busy with dancing and still trying to concentrate on music… which is not that easy, believe me). I think it shows just what Domestic Bumblebees are – their best abilities (with solos and amazing musical support of each other), their correct understanding of rock’n’roll music and huge energy they can share with you even this way (without seeing them live). High School Bop is boogie-woogie composition (not surprisingly I guess) is introducing you Boppin Steve, which was already mentioned above. Here he is not only accompanying the band but making the show himself, and also taking part of main vocal. By the way, this guy (along with Harmonica Sam) is almost everywhere coming with the band, so for those who have heard Domestic Bumblebees live (or maybe just noticed them somewhere in the show lists) will recognise this name.

And sure, instrumental seems like almost a must for many CDs. Here is one with funny name The Screaming Lobster coming. Nice fantasy, good arrangements. And again, sorry for repeating myself – pure energy is streaming out, so watch out!

Making fast conclusion, I wanna say that for me it was very good discovery that this kind of band exists nowadays. I saw many of them, but can name just few I really like. And from rock’n’roll’ers, this one is certainly one of the best I have ever seen and heard. Ooops, I didn’t mention band members!.. Shame on me, but I have an excuse – they are so good together that you are taking them like union and not like separated musicians. Though they are must be mentioned. Here they are: singing and screaming leader of the band - Daniel Kordelius on guitar, double bass 'slapper' Tobias Einestad and 'rhythm keeper' drummer Johan Svensson. All of them, by the way, are writing their own songs (on this CD there are 7 of 13 own compositions)!

Well, I think I have to stop now, because it is time for you to turn on this CD and feel it yourself.

Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Domestic Bumblebees - Break Up Bop
Page 1 sur 1