FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Coffret Pokémon Bundle 6 Boosters EV05 Forces ...
Voir le deal

JOHNNY POWERS

+2
eddie/cesc
donald
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:41

JOHNNY POWERS 14858910

Chanteur Rockabilly US né John L. Pavlik en mai 1938 à Detroit (Michigan).

Il commence sa carrière musicale en jouant de la Country Musique. C'est après avoir écouté JACK SCOTT (My Baby 's Gone)
qu'il craque pour ce nouveau son qui est le Rock'n'Roll, il enregistre en 1957 Honey Let's Go (To A Rock And Roll Show) /Your Love (Fortune 199).

En 1958, il signe chez le label FOX deux merveilleux Rockabilly : Rock Rock / Long Blond Hairs (FOX GB-916/7 ). Toujours en 1958,
il enregistre "Oh So Far Away" et "I'm Walkin'" deux titres dans le style de Jack Scott : (Slows Rock soutenu avec Slappin' Bass).

JOHNNY POWERS Johnny_power

En septembre 1959, il enregistre chez SUN RECORDS un single : With Your Love, With Your Kiss / Be Mine, All Mine (SUN 327).
Il enregistre d'autres chansons pour ce label mais qui resteront inédits jusqu'au milieu des années 1980 :
Me and My Rhytm Guitar, Don't Go Away, Waitin' For You,
I'm Evil (une superbe version de "Trouble" qu' Elvis PRESLEY
avait interprété dans le film KING CREOLE).
Il fût accompagné par Charlie Rich au piano, Bill Justis au saxo lors de la session chez SUN RECORDS.

JOHNNY POWERS Johnny_Powers1

JOHNNY POWERS 41FS9YYNKQL._SS500_
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:45

JOHNNY POWERS Powers_johnny

JOHNNY POWERS Powers_j

JOHNNY POWERS F20 Chanteur Rockabilly US né John L. Pavlik en mai 1938 à Detroit (Michigan). Johnny Powers a débuté en enregistrant un single à ses propres frais pour le label Fortune Records. En 1957, Johnny signe chez Fox Records puis en 1959 avec la Sun Records, sans succès. Il a aussi enregistré pour Hi Q, Tee Pee, Olympic, Fox et Roller Coaster.

JOHNNY POWERS Uk20 Rockabilly artist Johnny Powers' story is one of the more intriguing the genre has to offer. Born John Leon Joseph Pavlik in 1938 in East Detroit, MI, he was the oldest of five children. The family later moved to the small town of Utica, MI, north of Detroit, where he was raised. Pavlik was exposed to music from an early age by members of his father's family, which included several amateur and semi-professional musicians who played weddings and local dances. It was country music, however, that first drew Pavlik into music on a personal level; he discovered Lonnie Barron, a veteran country singer with a show on local radio and would listen and try to play along with a guitar that he'd bought for $2.50 from a neighbor. He later got some helpful instruction from Marvin Maynard, a professional musician who lived in Utica. In 1954, at age 16, Pavlik joined Jimmy Williams and the Drifters, a local country band that played at a local venue called Bill's Barn and got a featured radio spot on a radio station out of Marine City, MI. He also played on one single cut by the band, but it wasn't long before rock & roll attracted Pavlik. It was Jack Scott's single, "Baby She's Gone," that drew him into rock & roll.
Courtesy of Jimmy Williams' brother Russ, Pavlik discovered Elvis Presley when he was still a Memphis-based phenomenon, and his current single was "Milk Cow Blues Boogie," which really interested him, as a country song with a rock & roll beat. Soon he was adding the beat to his own country songs, and in 1957, Johnny Powers, as he was now known, got an audition with Fortune Records in Detroit. He paid $100 for his own session to record a pair of songs, "Honey, Let's Go to a Rock and Roll Show" b/w "Your Love" on the Hi-Q label. A black deejay named Ernie Durham played his record on WJLB, and Johnny Powers was one of the few white artists who would play the record hops that Durham sponsored. He later put together a band, Johnny Powers & His Rockets, with his friend Marvin Maynard on bass, Clark Locker on the drums, and Stan Getz on guitar. Powers jumped to the Fox label in 1958, getting a pair of regional hits with "Rock Rock" and "Long Blond Hair." The group got steady work cutting demos, some of which have surfaced as bootleg releases in recent years. Among his strongest work from this period were a pair of originals, "Mama Rock" and "Indeed I Do," cut for Leedon. On both, he sounds like the young, wild Elvis Presley that just arrived at RCA, and the group sings uncannily like the Jordanaires on the latter track.
Things began to happen faster for Johnny Powers when his manager, Tommy Moers, got him a contract with Sun Records in 1959, heralded with the release of "With Your Love, With Your Kiss" b/w "Be Mine early that year. A second single followed, but Powers was dropped by Sun in 1960. He later became the first white artist signed to Motown Records, but with the passing of the '60s into the '70s, Power's career found him on the other side of the studio glass, producing hits with Tim Tam & the Turn-Ons' "Wait A Minute" and Jack Kittel's oddball country sickie "Psycho." Still active today, Johnny Powers is proof positive of rock's ability to produce a true survivor who also is a true believer in the strength that lies within the music itself.

http://www.johnnypowers.com
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:46

Talents : Singer, Guitar, Producer
Style musical : Rockabilly, Rock 'n' Roll

ME AND MY RHYTHM GUITAR JOHNNY POWERS Speaker JOHNNY POWERS Livre (Sun unissued)
ROCK ROCK JOHNNY POWERS Speaker JOHNNY POWERS Livre
WITH YOUR LOVE, WITH YOUR KISSES JOHNNY POWERS Speaker JOHNNY POWERS Livre
JOHNNY POWERS Radio
Années en activité :

DISCOGRAPHIE
Singles & EP

08/1957SP FORTUNE 199 (US).Johnny POWERS & His ROCKETS - Honey Let's Go (To A Rock And Roll Show) JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Your Love
1957SP FOX GB-916/7 (US).Johnny POWERS with The BAND OF STAN GETZ & TOM CATS - Long Blond Hair JOHNNY POWERS Speaker , Red Rose Lips / Rock Rock JOHNNY POWERS Speaker
09/1959SP SUN 327 (US).With Your Love, With Your Kisses JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Be Mine All Mine
1965SP HI-Q 5044 (US).Rock The Universe (Dell VAUGH with The FORTUNE AIRES) / Honey Let's Go (To A Rock And Roll Show) JOHNNY POWERS Speaker (Johnny POWERS & His ROCKETS)
196?SP DRIFTER 101 (US).Teardrops And Memories / Rainbow Heart
19??SP TEE PEE 398 (US).Seventeen / You're Me To Blame JOHNNY POWERS Speaker
19??SP SKOKIE 202 (US).Echo From The Past / I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
19??EP ? (US)JOHNNY POWERS Wanted.jpegJohnny "Scat" BROWN - Indeed I Do JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Mama Rock JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Purple People Eater / Witch Doctor
1989EP NORTON RCEP 107 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Wanted.jpegLong Blond Hair JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Rock Rock JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Mama Rock JOHNNY POWERS Speaker / Waiting For You
1992SP NORTON 016 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Norton_016Johnny POWERS & The A-BONES - Mama Rock / New Spark
Albums

19??LP 12" ROLLERCOASTER ROLL 2010 (UK)JOHNNY POWERS Rollercoaster_2010ROCK ! ROCK ! ROCK ! ROCK ! ROCK ! ROCK !
11/1993CD NORTON 229 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Norton_229LONG BLOND HAIR - Long Blonde Hair / Rock Rock / Mama Rock / Someone's Gonna Hurt You / Mean Mistreater / Waitin' For You / Honey Let's Go (To A Rock And Roll Show) / Your Love / Be-Bop-A-Lula / Don't Go Away / Waitin' For You / Treat Me Right / Indeed I Do / Oh So Far Away / Trouble / Waitin' For You / With Your Love, With Your Kiss / Be Mine, All Mine / Don't Lie To Me / Waitin' For You / Me And My Rhythm Guitar / I'm Walkin' / Waitin' For You
05/1994CD SCHOOLKIDS 1515 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Schoolkids_1515NEW SPARK (FOR AN OLD FLAME) - (Johnny POWERS & George CLINTON) - Rattled / Rock Around The World / Something About You / Rocker Billy / Bigger Heartaches / Trouble / Please, Please Do / It'll Be Me / Honky Tonkin' Saturday Night / You Win Again / Singing The Blues / Stuck On You / Love To Burn, Heartaches To Kill / A New Spark (For An Old Flame) / Love Business / Say It / Help Me I'm In Need / Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go / Work With Me Annie / Walkin' The Dog / Blue Moon Of Kentucky
01/1997CD OVERTURE 30027 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Overture_30027ROCKABILLY BLAST - LIVE - Rattled / Trouble / Bigger Headaches / You Win Again / It'll Be Me / She Knows It / Mama Rock / That's Alright Mama / Honky Tonkin' Saturday Night / With Your Love, With Your Kiss / Be Mine / Fool Such As I / Whole Lotta Shakin' / Waitin' For You / Mean Mistreater / Whenever You're Ready / Rocker Billy / Great Balls Of Fire / Rock Rock / Long Blond Hair / Seven Nights To Rock
02/2003CD ROLLERCOASTER 3020 (UK)JOHNNY POWERS Rollercoaster_3020ROCKABILLY BLAST - LIVE - Rattled / Trouble / Bigger Headaches / You Win Again / It'll Be Me / She Knows It / Mama Rock / That's Alright Mama / Honky Tonkin' Saturday Night / With Your Love, With Your Kiss / Be Mine / Fool Such As I / Whole Lotta Shakin' / Waitin' For You / Mean Mistreater / Whenever You're Ready / Rocker Billy / Great Balls Of Fire / Rock Rock / Long Blond Hair / Seven Nights To Rock
04/2003CD WHITE SWAN / JET-EYE 2 (US)JOHNNY POWERS Ws_2I WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:50

Johnny Powers - Original Sun 327 Promo Record!!

Johnny Powers and The Shufflers - Long Blonde Hair

Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:51

Rockabilly - The Johnny Powers Story (Trailer)

Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 00:54

donald
Modérateur
Modérateur
donald

Masculin
Date de naissance : 03/02/1959

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 07:47

JOHNNY POWERS P1020329
JOHNNY POWERS P1020327
JOHNNY POWERS P1020328
https://www.facebook.com/edonaldduck#!/edonaldduck
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyJeu 21 Aoû 2008, 16:17

780242 Donald !!! Wink

JOHNNY POWERS L_35db01c13818ca4339dea2c82d4da2d9

JOHNNY POWERS L_55a24ab36c340263581c9c005c195a93

JOHNNY POWERS L_a9f70d7888d03154d68c3b848cef1842
Invité
Invité

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyLun 15 Juin 2009, 14:23

Ces deux ROCKABILLY de légende pour FOX
Records
LONG BLOND HAIR et ROCK ROCK de 1957

https://sites.google.com/site/locationalamontagne/
Boogie boy
Méga Rockin
Méga Rockin
Boogie boy

Masculin
Date de naissance : 29/01/1971

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyVen 24 Avr 2020, 13:46

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Boogie boy
Méga Rockin
Méga Rockin
Boogie boy

Masculin
Date de naissance : 29/01/1971

JOHNNY POWERS Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JOHNNY POWERS   JOHNNY POWERS EmptyVen 24 Avr 2020, 17:09

JOHNNY POWERS Jp12
Contenu sponsorisé