FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le coffret Collection Alakazam-ex ?
Voir le deal

George Klein In Car Accident

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

George Klein In Car Accident Empty
MessageSujet: George Klein In Car Accident   George Klein In Car Accident EmptyJeu 08 Jan 2009, 19:05

By: Robert Lee Long
Source: Desoto Times
January 8, 2009 - 9:14:04 AM
Elvis News

Legendary Memphis disc jockey George Klein, a longtime friend and associate of entertainer Elvis Presley, was involved in a one-car accident at U.S. 61 and Mississippi Highway 3 about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Sgt. Leslie White, Klein was traveling southbound along U.S. Highway 61 when he lost control of his vehicle and the vehicle rolled over.
White said the highway was slick from recent heavy rainfall at the time of the accident.

His vehicle hydroplaned, causing Klein to lose control.

George Klein In Car Accident George_klein_elvis_presley
George Klein and Elvis Presley - WMC Radio 1956

Klein was transported to Methodist University Hospital in Memphis where he was later treated and released.

Klein later told friends he suffered from soreness and bruises but did not suffer major injuries from the accident.

'Luckily, no broken bones', Klein told the Associated Press. 'I spent the whole day at Methodist Central. But I'm really banged up. My back is horribly hurting', Klein said Tuesday evening. 'I could've been killed.' Klein said he was heading toward Tunica when his car struck a puddle of water, sending him off the road.

Klein, who first met Presley in 1948 when the two attended Humes High School in Memphis together, hosts an hour-long retrospective of Elvis and music from the 50s and 60s on WHBQ

==> http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/news/george_klein_in_car_accident.shtml
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1