FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Tablette 11″ Xiaomi- Mi Pad 6 global version ...
Voir le deal
224.97 €

JIMMY CAVALLO

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

JIMMY CAVALLO Empty
MessageSujet: JIMMY CAVALLO   JIMMY CAVALLO EmptyVen 16 Jan 2009, 00:19

JIMMY CAVALLO Cavello_jimmy
JIMMY CAVALLO Cavello_j

JIMMY CAVALLO F20 Saxophoniste Rock 'n' Roll US né en 1927, Jimmy Cavello à enregistré à la fin des années cinquante.

JIMMY CAVALLO Uk20 US Rock 'n' Roll Saxophonist born in 1927, Jimmy Cavello with recorded at the end of the Fifties.

http://www.hoyhoy.com/cavallo.htm
Talents : Singer, Alto Sax
Style musical : Rock 'n' Roll, Jump Blues

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK JIMMY CAVALLO Speaker
JIMMY CAVALLO Radio
Années en activité :

DISCOGRAPHIE
Singles

1956SP CORAL 61689 (US)Soda Shoppe Rock / ?
1956SP CORAL 61728 (US)Rock, Rock, Rock JIMMY CAVALLO Speaker / The Big Beat
1957SP CORAL 61787 (US)Ooh-Wee / Foot Stompin'
Albums

1980 ?LP 12" BELTER 93209 (S)JIMMY CAVALLO Belter_93209JIMMY CAVELLO & His HOUSE ROCKERS - Rock, Rock, Rock / Soda Shoppe Rock / Let 'm Roll / Cherry Pie / Yo-Yo Baby / That's The Groovy Thing / Foot Stompin' / Dream Toy / Ooh-Wee / The Big Beat / I'm With You / Don't Move Me No More / Rock The Joint / Leave Married Women Alone
2002CD BLUE WAVE 143 (US)JIMMY CAVALLO Bw_143THE HOUSEROCKERS ! - Lovin' Machine / Fanny Brown / Sick & Tired / I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town / Leave Married Women Alone / Poor Me / Please Don't Leave Me / Bloodshot Eyes / The Big Beat / I've Got News For You / Walkin' With Mr. C. / Good Rocking Tonight / Jimmy Cavallo Interview
07/2005CD BLUE WAVE 146 (US)JIMMY CAVALLO Bw_146ROCK THE JOINT - THE JIMMY CAVELLO COLLECTION 1951-1973 - Rock The Joint / Leave Married Women Alone / I Got Eyes For You / Ha Ha Ha Blues / Soda Shoppe Rock / That's The Groovy Thing / Rock, Rock, Rock / The Big Beat / Foot Stompin' / Ooh-Wee (You Sure Look Good To Me) / Let 'm Roll (with Alan FREED & His ROCK 'N' ROLL) / I'm With You (with Alan FREED & His ROCK 'N' ROLL) / Yo-Yo Baby / Teenage Lover / Dream Toy / Cherry Pie / Rock, Rock, Rock [live] / Don't Move Me No More / Blue Turning Grey Over You / Chicken Talk (with The CHICKENI QUINTET) / School Days (with The CHICKENI QUINTET) / Fanny Brown / Early In The Morning / Hold Me In Your Arms / Too Many Heartaches / Busted - Crying Time / I Can't Turn You Loose / Here's That Rainy Day / La La
04/2006CD PETCAP MUSIC ? (US)JIMMY CAVALLO PmROCK, ROCK, ROCK - THEN & NOW - Good Rockin' Tonight / Greenbacks / Georgia On My Mind / Hallelujah I Love Her So / I Just Want To Make Love To You / Flip, Flop, & Fly / Save The Last Dance For Me / You Don't Know Me / You Win Again / Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee / Call It Stormy Monday - Goin' to Chicago Blues / Intro To New Version Of Rock, Rock, Rock / Rock, Rock, Rock / Jimmy Cavallo Interview
10/2006CD BLUE WAVE 149 (US)JIMMY CAVALLO Bw_149YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT - (Jimmy CAVELLO with Ron SPENCER & JUMPSTART) - I Feel That Old Age Coming On / All She Wants To Do Is Rock / For You My Love / Shake It & Break It / Let 'Em Roll / Shake That Thing / You Better Believe It / Ooh-Wee (You Sure Look Good To Me) / Early In The Morning / Lillie Mae / Strollin' With Bone - The Honeydripper / Broadway
©️ Rocky Productions 25/06/2005
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

JIMMY CAVALLO Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JIMMY CAVALLO   JIMMY CAVALLO EmptyVen 16 Jan 2009, 00:25

JIMMY CAVALLO CavalloCoverFsmall

JIMMY CAVALLO Cavallo1

JIMMY CAVALLO BSD1b

JIMMY CAVALLO BSD1
Invité
Invité

JIMMY CAVALLO Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JIMMY CAVALLO   JIMMY CAVALLO EmptyVen 16 Jan 2009, 00:26

JIMMY CAVALLO
JIMMY CAVALLO, “THE HOUSEROCKER”, IS A RHYTHM & BLUES SINGER AND SAXOPHONIST WHO BEGAN ROCKIN’ IN 1948 AND HELPED PIONEER THE SOUND THAT BECAME ROCK & ROLL. JIMMY CAVALLO WAS ROCK & ROLL BEFORE ELVIS & BILL HALEY, APPEARED IN THE 1956 ALAN FREED MOVIE, “ROCK, ROCK , ROCK”, SINGING THE TITLE SONG WITH HIS BAND THE HOUSEROCKERS AND WAS THE FIRST WHITE ROCK & ROLL ACT TO PLAY HARLEM’S CELEBRATED APOLLO THEATRE IN DECEMBER, 1956 BEFORE BUDDY HOLLY. CAVALLO RECORDED NUMEROUS SINGLES FOR CORAL/DECCA RECORDS IN THE FIFTIES AND WAS A CROWD PLEASING FAVORITE AT ALAN FREED’S LEGENDARY ROCK & ROLL SHOWS APPEARING OFTEN WITH BIG JOE TURNER, FATS DOMINO AND OTHER HALL OF FAME GREATS. STILL ROCKIN’, HONKIN’ & WAILING AT 74 YEARS YOUNG, JIMMY CAVALLO IS READY TO RECEIVE HIS JUST DUE AS PROBABLY THE WORLD’S FIRST WHITE ROCK & ROLL ARTIST!

JIMMY CAVALLO Cavallobelieve

JIMMY CAVALLO with Ron Spencer & Jumpstart - “You Better Believe It!”
CD# BW 149
One of the true pioneers of Rock & Roll and Jump Blues returns with the follow-up release to The Houserocker! If you dig 40’s & 50’s style authentic blues shouting & honkin’ tenor sax with a drivin’ relentlessly rockin’ boogie band, this is your dinner. It doesn’t get any better than this. This is the real deal: Wynonie Harris, Big Joe Turner, Paul Gayten & Jimmy Cavallo!
TRACK LISTING: I Feel That Old Age Coming On, All She Wants To Do Is Rock, For You My Love, Shake It and Break It, Ooh-Wee (You Sure Look Good To Me), Let ‘em Roll, Shake That Thing, You Better Believe It, Early In The Morning, Lillie Mae, Strollin’ With The Bone / The Honeydripper, Broadway.
TOTAL CD TIME = 46 Minutes

$14.98
JIMMY CAVALLO Orderbut

JIMMY CAVALLO Cavallorockthejoint
“ROCK THE JOINT! - THE JIMMY CAVALLO COLLECTION 1951-1973”
CD# BW 146
This is the first CD collection of all of Jimmy’s vinyl recordings from 1951 through 1971& includes some great rockers, R&B, jump blues and super rarities you won’t find elsewhere. This is where it all began, the vintage Jimmy Cavallo ( Cavello on some of the releases thanks to a Alan Freed ) 29 songs from one of the true pioneers of Rock & Roll and one of the best entertainers on the planet. This super collection along with “The Houserocker!” CD tell the story that needed to be told.
Track Listing: Rock The Joint, Leave Married Women Alone, I Got Eyes For You, Ha Ha Ha Blues, Soda Shoppe Rock, That’s The Groovy Thing, Rock, Rock, Rock, The Big Beat, Foot Stompin’, Ooh-Wee ( You Sure Look Good To Me ), Let’m Roll, I’m With You, Yo-Yo Baby, Teenage Lover, Dream Toy, Cherry Pie, Rock, Rock, Rock ( Live ), Don’t Move Me No More, Blue Turning Grey Over You, Chicken Talk, School Days, Fanny Brown, Early In The Morning, Hold Me In Your Arms, Too Many Heartaches, Busted - Crying Time, I Can’t Turn You Loose, Here’s That Rainy Day, La La.
Total CD Time = 74 Min.

$14.98
JIMMY CAVALLO Orderbut

JIMMY CAVALLO Houserocker
THE HOUSEROCKER
with RON SPENCER & JUMPSTART
CD# BW 143
"THE HOUSEROCKER” , JIMMY'S FIRST FULL-LENGTH RHYTHM & BLUES ALBUM WILL ATTEST THAT HE IS THE REAL DEAL. THIS IS 100% HOUSEROCKIN’ MUSIC PLAYED WITH CONVICTION & BACKED BY A TERRIFIC BAND, RON SPENCER & JUMPSTART , THAT KNOWS HOW TO SWING. IF YOU'RE A SWING/JUMP BLUES FAN, THIS IS THE ONE THAT YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. JIMMY CAVALLO IS BACK IN TOWN & ROCKIN’ ! CONTAINS A GREAT 27 MINUTE INTERVIEW WITH JIMMY THAT SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT.
Track Listing: Lovin’ Machine, Fanny Brown, Sick & Tired, I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town, Leave Married Women Alone, Poor Me, Please Don’t Leave Me, Bloodshot Eyes, The Big Beat, I’ve Got News For You, Walkin’ With Mr. C., Good Rocking Tonight, Jimmy Cavallo Interview
Total CD Time = 73 Min.

$14.98
JIMMY CAVALLO Orderbut

http://www.bluewaverecords.com/cavallo.html
Invité
Invité

JIMMY CAVALLO Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JIMMY CAVALLO   JIMMY CAVALLO EmptyVen 16 Jan 2009, 00:31

JIMMY CAVALLO (aka JIMMY CAVELLO)
Born James Cavallo, 1927, Syracuse, New York

Singer / saxophonist Jimmy Cavallo was one of the first white rock 'n' rollers, several years before the term rock 'n' roll had even been coined. During his high school days in Syracuse he played in a swing band, playing harmony on alto sax. Influenced by Louis Jordan and Paul "Hucklebuck" Wiilliams, he switched to tenor sax and formed his own combo, the Jimmy Cavallo Quartet in 1947. It was a white R&B band that sounded black and held residence in North Carolina, where Jimmy served in the Navy. Cavallo claims to have invented the shag dance movement, which is still quite popular in the Carolinas.

Upon his discharge, Cavallo returned to Syracuse in late 1949, where he formed a new quartet with local musicians. They packed the clubs in 1950 and 1951, playing Roy Brown, Wynonie Harris and Paul Williams tunes as well as originals, and were a phenomenal success locally. In 1951, the band cut two singles for the tiny BSD label, in the basement of the home of the label owner, Angelo Pergolito. BSD 1004 was "Ha Ha Ha Blues"/"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!", but more interesting was BSD 1005, which had a cover of Jimmy Preston's "Rock the Joint" on the A-side (one year before Bill Haley's version) and Jimmy's own "Leave Married Women Alone" (co-written with Diz Utley, who had played in his North Carolina band) on the flip. Both were done in the germinal rock and roll style, which practically no other white band on the East Coast was playing at the time. An exception must perhaps be made for Charlie Gracie, whose "Wildwood Boogie" (1954) was probably inspired by seeing Cavallo play in a club in Wildwood, New Jersey.

Jimmy went on an extended tour of Canada in 1953-54, during which he organized a band called the House Rockers, made up of musicians from Niagara Falls and Canada. Then followed what Jimmy calls his "Alan Freed years". In mid-1956 Cavallo and the House Rockers auditioned for Alan Freed, then the most powerful deejay in the USA. The group began to appear at Alan Freed Shows and Freed signed them to Coral Records, where Jimmy's name was consistently misspelled as Cavello. ("Alan Freed could not pronounce my name properly", says Jimmy.) They appeared with Freed in the 1956 movie "Rock, Rock, Rock", in which they played the title song (a Cavallo original, not to be confused with the Amos Milburn and Peppermint Harris tunes by that name) and another tune called "The Big Beat", both excellent rockers. (Also released in the UK on Coral Q 72226.) The white group also appeared with all-black artists at the Apollo Theatre in New York to promote the movie's release.

For Coral they cut a total of 12 sides, many of them originals, and well worth collecting for R&R fans. They toured with Fats Domino, did a summer-long residence in Wildwood (1957), played Las Vegas, performed in another Alan Freed movie, "Go Johnny Go" (1959), and waxed some more recordings for the Sunnyside, Hand, Darcy and Romar labels (1959-65). The group disbanded soon after the Romar single came out.

Cavallo moved to Florida, where he is still living, but continued to perform regularly, singing and playing his saxophone. He played his first ever UK gig in 2002 (The Rhythm Riot), returning to the British Isles in 2004 (Hemsby) and 2005 (Americana International, see the current issue of Now Dig This, page 4).

In 2001 and 2002, he put out two new CD's, a live album ("Live At The Persian Terrace") and the very authentic-sounding "The Houserocker!", on which he is backed by his guitarist Ron Spencer and the group Jumpstart (Blue Wave Records). His earlier recordings have been collected, also on Blue Wave, on the 2004 CD "Rock the Joint! The Jimmy Cavallo Collection, 1951-1973 (29 tracks).

More info:

http://www.hoyhoy.com/cavallo.htm
http://newtimes.rway.com/2002/071702/cover.shtml

Dik

http://www.rockabillyeurope.com/references/messages/jimmy_cavallo.htm
Invité
Invité

JIMMY CAVALLO Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JIMMY CAVALLO   JIMMY CAVALLO EmptyVen 16 Jan 2009, 00:36

jimmy cavallo big beat