FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
WD Green SN350 – Disque SSD interne NVMe M.2 ...
Voir le deal
99.99 €

TOM TALL

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

TOM TALL Empty
MessageSujet: TOM TALL   TOM TALL EmptySam 31 Jan 2009, 14:51

TOM TALL Tall_tom
TOM TALL Tall_tom

Chanteur Rockabilly US né Tommie Lee Guthrie le 27 décembre 1937 à Amarillo (Texas).
Tom Tall a enregistré chez Fabor et Crest Records.
http://www.rockabilly.nl/references/messages/tom_tall.htm
Talents : Singer
Style musical : Rockabilly

ARE YOU MINE TOM TALL Speaker (with Ginny Wright)
DON'T YOU KNOW TOM TALL Speaker (with Ruckus Tyler)
STACK-A-RECORDS TOM TALL Speaker TOM TALL Livre
WHOSE LITTLE PIGEON ARE YOU TOM TALL Speaker (with The CREEL SISTERS)
TOM TALL Radio
Années en activité :

DISCOGRAPHIE
Single

05/1956SP ABBOTT 3022-45 (US)Whose Little Pigeon Are You TOM TALL Speaker (CREEL SISTERS & Tom TALL) / + CREEL SISTERS
05/1956SP FABOR 132-45 (US)Hot Rod Is Her Name TOM TALL Speaker (Tom TALL & The CREEL SISTERS) / Why Must I Wonder
07/1956SP FABOR 139-45 (US)Tom TALL - Ruckus TYLER with Fabor ROBISON STRING MUSIC BAND - Don't You Know TOM TALL Speaker / If You Know What I Know
03/1958SP CREST 45-1038 (US)Tom TALL & His TOM KATS - Stack-A-Records TOM TALL Speaker / Mary Jo
10/1958SP CREST 45-1052 (US)To Be Alone TOM TALL Speaker / High School Love
Album

03/2005CD BEAR FAMILY BCD-16741 (D)TOM TALL Bf_16741ARE YOU MUSIC - (Tom TALL & Ginny WRIGHT) - Are You Mine (Ginny WRIGHT) / Goldie Jo Malone / I Want You Yes (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Out Of Line (Ginny WRIGHT) / I Saw Esau (Kissing Mary Lou) (with Ginny WRIGHT) / If You Don't Care (Please Tell Me) (with Bonnie GUITAR) / Underway / Turn Around My Darlin' (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Come With Me (Ginny WRIGHT) / Why Must I Wonder / How to Get Married (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Boom Boom Boomerang (Ginny WRIGHT) / I've Got Somebody New (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Remembering You / Whirlwind (with Ginny WRIGHT) / I Could Still Tell You More (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Give Me a Chance / Whose Little Pidgeon Are You / Will This Dream Of Mine Come True (Ginny WRIGHT) / Where Were You (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Indian Moon (with Ginny WRIGHT) / I Want To Walk With You / You Loved Another One Better Than Me / Please Be Careful / I Gave My Heart To Two People / Hot Rod Is Her Name / My Chihuahua Dog (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Your Eyes Feasted Upon Her (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Please Leave My Darlin' Alone (with Ginny WRIGHT) / Don't You Know, Don't You Know (with Ruckus TYLER) / If You Know What I Know (with Ruckus TYLER)
©️ Rocky Productions 6/09/2006
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

TOM TALL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TOM TALL   TOM TALL EmptySam 31 Jan 2009, 14:53

Tom Tall & Ginny Wright
"Are You Mine"

TOM TALL BearTonTallGWRight

Tom Tall and Ginny Wright recorded together and separately for Fabor Robinson's Fabor and Abbot labels in the mid-'50s, scoring exactly two hits: a Tall and Wright duet titled "Are You Mine" and "I Love You," which paired Wright with labelmate Jim Reeves. Bear Family's 31-cut anthology Are You Mine collects most of the duet and solo recordings of Tall and Wright, but oddly omits "I Love You," a major country hit that is hard to find on CD.

Wright may have been considered a bigger star at the time, but Tom Tall is better remembered today because of his rock & roll recordings, which have been reissued on rockabilly compilations such as That'll Flat Git It!, Vol. 8 and Talk About a Party: The Crest Records Story. Aside from the handful of rock & roll recordings, much of Are You Mine consists of second-rate country music made interesting by its relationship to other, more successful Fabor and Abbot artists.

For example, Jim Reeves was clearly a strong influence on Tall; "Boom Boom Boomerang" is a country version of a pop hit by another Abbott act, the De Castro Sisters; and songs such as "I Saw Esau" (later a hit for the Ames Brothers) and "If You Know What I Know" echo the wordplay of Jim Ed & Maxine Brown's 1954 Fabor hit "Looking Back to See."

A newly discovered, previously unreleased Tom Tall duet with Bonnie Guitar is another point of interest. The booklet exhibits Bear Family's typical high quality, with copious photos and quotations from original interviews conducted by the essayist, Canadian performer Johnny Vallis. Despite the inconsistency of the music itself, Are You Mine is exemplary of Bear Family's willingness to lavish attention on extremely niche-oriented packages and reissue music that otherwise might never be heard again. - Greg Adams

CD info
Invité
Invité

TOM TALL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TOM TALL   TOM TALL EmptySam 31 Jan 2009, 14:59

TOM TALL Nudie-Tom%20Tall...TOM TALL J6mkjy00

Tall, Tom

Real name Tommie Lee Guthrie. Born 1937 in Amarillo, Texas.
Original Releases

Discography is not intended to be complete
Date & Source Label & Number V Titles {& References to LP/CD List} As By Matrix Numbers
1956/May
BMI clear.
Fabor 132-45 TOM TALL V2 TOM TALL R2 TOM TALL Pic TOM TALL Ss Hot Rod Is Her Name {a,b}
TOM TALL R0 Why Must I Wonder
A
B
1958/Mar. 24
Bb pop rev.
Crest 45-1038 TOM TALL V2 TOM TALL R2 TOM TALL Pic TOM TALL Ss Stack-A-Records {c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l}
TOM TALL R2 TOM TALL Pic TOM TALL Ss Mary Jo
Y:CM 1001 TOM TALL Delta20768
Z:CM 1002 TOM TALL Delta20768
1958/Oct. 13
Bb pop rev.
Crest 45-1052 TOM TALL V2 TOM TALL R2 TOM TALL Pic TOM TALL Ss To Be Alone
TOM TALL R1 TOM TALL Pic High School Love
Y:CM 1034 TOM TALL Delta24689
Z:CM 1035 TOM TALL Delta24690
References in "As By" Column:

1. as by Tom Tall
  2. as by Tom Tall And The Creel Sisters
  3. as by Tom Tall And His Tom Kats [!!]

Other Notes:

• SEE ALSO: Creel Sisters

Collector-Oriented Compilation LPs and CDs Containing Tracks

Single-artist compilations not included
a. Bear Family BCD 15936 (cd) That'll Flat Git It, Vol. 8
b. Buffalo Bop Bb-CD 55083 (cd) Hot Rod Hop
c. Castle Pulse PBXCD 355 (cd) Rock Baby Rock It: Record Hop Rock And Roll
d. Chief CCD 1156504 (cd) Ultra Rare Rockabilly's, Vol. 4
e. Eagle 302 (lp) Stack-A-Records
f. Folkline 274- 164 (cd) Go Kat Go!, Vol. 3
g. Lucky CDLR 812 (cd) Rockabilly Gold, Vol. 12
h. Rhino 73346 (cd) Rockin' Bones: '50s Punk & Rockabilly
i. Rockstar RSRCD 017 (cd) The Crest Records Story: Talk About A Party!
j. Rockstar 1002 (lp) The Best Of Crest Records, Vol. 1: Can You Bop?
k. Rockstar RSRLP- 1011 (lp) Spotlight On Crest Records
l. Zomboco 3 (cd) Real Rare Rockabilly, Vol. 3

TOM TALL 4181..TOM TALL 8988
Invité
Invité

TOM TALL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TOM TALL   TOM TALL EmptySam 31 Jan 2009, 15:04

TOM TALL & GINNY WRIGHT--ARE YOU MINE