FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies Empty
MessageSujet: Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies   Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies EmptyVen 29 Jan 2010, 14:28

January 28, 2010

Shirley Collie Nelson, the second wife of Willie Nelson who charted three hit country singles in the early '60s, died Wednesday (Jan. 27) in Missouri at the age of 78.

Recording for Liberty Records, she reached No. 10 on the Billboard country charts in 1962 with Nelson on the duet, "Willingly," written by Hank Cochran.

The single marked Willie Nelson's first appearance on the Billboard country chart as a recording artist.
They were married from 1963 to 1971. Collie's first charting single, "Dime a Dozen" by Harlan Howard,
reached No. 25 in 1961. A few months later, a duet version of "Why, Baby, Why" with Warren Smith reached No. 23. In the late 1950s, she was a cast member of the Ozark Jubilee. Before marrying Nelson, she was married to the disc jockey Biff Collie, who also recorded under the name Billy Bob Bowman. In 2009, she published a book, Scrapbooks in My Mind: Featuring Shirley and Willie Nelson and Many Others.

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1630699/shirley-collie-nelson-former-wife-and-duet-partner-of-willie-nelson-dies.jhtml

************************************************************************************
Shirley Collie Nelson

March 16, 1931 - January 27, 2010
Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies Image004Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies Image001

Shirley Collie (born Shirley Caddell, March 16, 1931 in Chillicothe, Missouri) is an American country music artist. She charted three singles on the Billboard country charts. In order of release, these were “Dime a Dozen” at #25, “Why Baby Why” at #23 (a duet with Warren Smith), and “Willingly” at #10 (a duet with then-husband Willie Nelson). The Nelson duet was also his first chart single.
Shirley Collie Nelson, Former Wife and Duet Partner of Willie Nelson, Dies S.+Caddell+%28+Cowboy+Songs+-+April+57%29
from "Cowboy Songs" - April 57 ("Imperial" archives)

http://rollcallblog.blogspot.com/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1